Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Farrington Lakes


So, last week Dan and I made a quick trip to the Durham/Chapel Hill area to look for a new place to live, while the girls stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Taylor. After looking at about 20 different apartments and townhouses, we decided to go with Farrington Lakes. It is only about 4 miles from UNC and is right off the freeway. They have a lake with a Pier that you are able to fish off, a pond, a sand volleyball pit, 2 tennis courts, and 2 swimming pools. Our apartment is going to be on the first floor, and the balcony faces the pool. It will be a little different living in an apartment again, but it will be nice to have everything on the first floor. I think the girls are going to love it. Because we are going to be so close the pool I will be able to take them over there whenever its warm (and open). It also has an enclosed porch with a sliding glass door so you can see out from the living room or the kitchen. So now, only 2 1/2 months until we are there!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Becky! It's so good to hear from you! Matt and I were just talking about you guys a couple of weeks ago wondering where you are. I want to see pictures of your cute little girls!

Amy said...

How exciting! Everybody we talk to says NC is great. Rob will be there on Saturday - guess he'll be the first to know. We'll meet up with him the very end of June (my kiddos have school 'til then). I guess y'all will be there in August? I'm assuming this is for PhD? UNC was one of the places Robert had considered for this degree. Maybe we can meet up for a weekend at the beach or something? Good to hear from you again; aren't these blogs great things?

Marci Ward said...

BECKIE!! How are you girl! I am so glad to find your blog. you can check out ours if you send me an email at marciward22@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invite.
The new apartment looks awesome. I would love to have a pool.

Marci Ward said...

Beckie!
I'm so glad I found your blog! You can check out ours if you send me an email at marciward22@yahoo.com and I'll send you the invite.
The new apartment looks awesome! How fun to have a pool!

Chelsea said...

Your apartment is bigger than our house! I was excited to hear that you were headed east. These will be some of your best (and yes, hardest) years. Fun for you!